Solved

urgent No receive mail reservation for tomorrow

Hello,

I booked for tomorrow morning for the Milan-Geneve train at 8:20 am and I did not receive an email with my e-ticket.
I can’t reach customer service. I don’t know what to do, I absolutely have to take this train because I have 3 more during the day (it’s my day back).
Without ticket in Italy we cannot go to the dock.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 21 October 2022, 14:24

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you haven't received an email and there is no reservation in your Interrail/Eurail account, then something went wrong with the reservation.

This happens sometimes with reservations made through Interrail/Eurail and that is one of the reasons why the experienced travellers in the community recommend that you only making reservations through Interrail/Eurail if no other option is available. 

You can travel this route without a reservation if you take the regional train from Milano Centrale at 7.25 arriving in Domodossola at 9.04. Then you can enter the EC to Geneva in Domodossola at  9.48.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, 

did you write that you will travel tomorrow (asap or urgent is not enough) to the Interrail customer service via this form? https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

In the case you do not get help, you could buy a new reservation via Trenitalia Ticket Offices for 11€ or online via ÖBB: here how it works. 

Thanks Anna, but the train between Domodossola is with reservation and it’s thé same to milan- Genève (EC32).

Thanks Angelo, but I have already paid the reservation, it’s the end of my trip, I don’t have many money. I will be doping this if I haven’t solution but it’s not normal to pay twice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

NO-it is NOT-from Domo, thought of as being a Swiss stop, all trains are with only optional RES-you cant take any unoccupied seat. Plus that in case this does not convince you-from Domo also several regional Swiss/BLS trains-change again in Brig.

I Take train in Italy not Swiss (Italy need reservation and they don’t mess around this). Anyway the problem is I have already paid for the train Milan-Genève and not receive my e-ticket. 

@mcadv on the app the train Domodossola - Genève is indicate with reservation and the number train is the same of Milano central - Genève 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes, but you don’t need a reservation from Domodossola to Switzerland and in Switzerland for Eurocitys. 

From Domodossola the train is run by swiss railways CFF. 

Or you book a new reservation from Milan (but not via interrail.eu, but via Trenitalia ticket office or ÖBB online).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I booked for tomorrow morning for the Milan-Geneve train at 8:20 am and I did not receive an email with my e-ticket.
I can’t reach customer service. I don’t know what to do, I absolutely have to take this train because I have 3 more during the day (it’s my day back).

There are still pass holder seats available online via tickets.oebb.at for this train (€11). If this reservation isn't in your reservations overview, then just book one now, online or at an Italian ticket office. If your credit card was charged, just ask customer service for a full refund of the reservations you didn't receive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks Anna, but the train between Domodossola is with reservation and it’s thé same to milan- Genève (EC32).

No, you don't need a reservation on the regional train from Milano Centrale to Domodossola leaving at 7.25. Then you can enter the EC to Geneva in Domodossola. Reservations on the EC are only optional from Domodossola as Domodossola is the border crossing to Switzerland and EC trains are without mandatory reservation in Switzerland. 

The information in the Railplanner is wrong when it says that reservations are mandatory from Domodossola to Geneva.

@Bioujessou Hello! Thank you for your question. I have located your request in our system and I will be replying there.

Kind regards,

Annie