Solved

Why is there no train to Italy from the 12th of December?

• 7 November 2021
  • 3 replies

I wanted to visit Italy by train from Germany over happy new year. After buying the interrail Ticket I want to plan my trip, but unfortunately I am not able to see trains to Italy after the 11th December. I don't know why. I mean they suggest to plan your trips three months ahead, but with that I can barely plan more than a month ahead. What should I do? Is there an alternative? 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 November 2021, 18:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you're using the Interrail app: please don't because you can't rely on it. It doesn't get enough updates for that. Use the Deutsche Bahn website or DB Navigator app. and for travel within Italy, use the Trenitalia website or app.

On 12 December, the new timetable starts and apparently the new timetable is not yet included in the Interrail app. Maybe with the next update. But as I said: you can’t rely on it.

Thank you very much for the quick response. But how does it work when I want to reserve a seat for my trip? Can I get a reservation when I contact DB or should I just search for the right trains and when interrail update their schedule, I reserve the seats?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you very much for the quick response. But how does it work when I want to reserve a seat for my trip? Can I get a reservation when I contact DB or should I just search for the right trains and when interrail update their schedule, I reserve the seats?

You don't need the app to make reservations. And indeed, DB can make Interrail reservations for the trains to Italy and within Italy (ticket office or via phone, not online). Additionally, they will be cheaper than going via Interrail because Interrail charge an extra fee (2 EUR per seat).