Solved

Your pass isn't valid in some of these countries

• 13 April 2022
  • 9 replies

I am experiencing trouble adding my trip to the pass; it states it’s not valid in all countries.

I got a Benelux pass, travelling from Enschede (Netherlands) over Amsterdam to Brussels.

always when I want to active the journey of an trip to get the QR Code, it gives me an error message saying: „your pass isn’t valid in some of these countries“.

I also tested other trains; it doesn’t let me add any trips to my pass. FAQ wasn’t a help either, as well as the customer service.

Can someone help me here or has similar issues?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 13 April 2022, 16:30

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That is strange, since your journey only goes via the Netherlands and Belgium. Could you please verify your country of residence under My Pass > +Details?

I am really sorry, I clicked the solved button and there is no undo. I still struggle with the same issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That explains it. You bought a pass with residence "Netherlands”. If that is not correct (your profile says Austria), then contact customer service ASAP to correct this and mention you're currently travelling.

If the Netherlands is your country of residence, then the warning is correct.

Customer Service is not replying quick enough, and the chat bots are a joke.

I don't understand what my residence has to do with the trip or the pass? My residence is indeed im the Netherlands… only my passport is still from Austria 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I don't understand what my residence has to do with the trip or the pass? My residence is indeed im the Netherlands… only my passport is still from Austria 

Residence is all that counts. Your pass is therefore not valid in the Netherlands.

Thank you for the information. How can I change my residence?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you for the information. How can I change my residence?

Via customer service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The right answer is: moving home.

There is indeed a rule that you have overlooked: you cannot freely ´choose´ where you live. And there is indeed a restriction on travelling in home-country since InterRail started-as is of course explicitly stated in rules. In the past-when passes were sold at station-this was then of course checked/warned at. This mainly restricts f.e. people from DE or UK-big countries where trainfares are quite high- to ´choose´ another country and then travel a lot in their own for much less as the railways would like to.

BTW; LUX is free and in BE there are very cheap GO_pass junior fares (about 7 €/trip)