Solved

Somewhere in France to Munich - Suggested Route -

• 3 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello,

We will have a car and climbing / bouldering in Fontainebleau. Then I need to get to Munich by train. I have 2 days to get to Munich were we fly back to NZ. 

I can do a one-way car drop off (not expensive either) in Southern France. I was thinking about Dijon, but not sure.Then take a Train to Munich- but I can’t seem to find a route.

OR, I could return the car to Paris - but that feels like back tracking.  I read an article about a sleeper / couchettes from Paris to Munich but I can’t find that either.

Question: How would get from France to Munich? Could I go Dijon to Zurich to Munich? 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Hektor 3 February 2024, 07:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What's your travel date?

July 8th! 

The nighttrain from Paris to München is just running in the evening of July 6th and 9th.

Best idea here is to go by day train. Fastest connection Paris to München is just 5h 18min.

Another idea might be Strasbourg to München (less than 4h and might be the cheapest solution if that does count).

The fastest connection from Dijon (eastern France, not southern) is to go via Strasbourg. Via Zürich is possible, too (just a little bit slower; about 7h +/-30min). Also possible: just to go to Basel and from there via Karlsruhe.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

We travelled from near Munich to Dijon last year. So if I reverse it for you it was:

Dijon - Mulhouse ville  (1h 16m)

Mulhouse Ville - Basel (23m)

*Basel - Zurich (1h 14m)

Zurich - Munich (3h 42m)

*Or

Basel - Karslruhe

Karlsruhe to Munich

(this is may be quicker than via zurich)