Timetable 2023 of ÖBB published

• 20 September 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

ÖBB have today published their new Timetable from 11 December 2022 to 09 December 2023.

For the moment I found this new things:

Nightjet services Vienna/Munich to Milan will go till Genova. 

Nightjet Munich-Venice and Euronight Munich-Budapest will start in Stuttgart. Same for EN to Zagreb and Rijeka.

Euronight Zürich-Prague one train like this year via Salzburg and Linz and the other new service via Leipzig and Dresden.

Nightjet Zürich-Hamburg/Berlin run not more together, but at different times.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The extension of that combined NJ/EC from München tonS/tuttgart is to make for a direct connection to the TGV from Paris, which (from what I get from german forums), is limited to S-they are making a new hi-speed line S-M and S-HBF is under a giant reconstruction.

Going the other way probably also, but with the very bad record of next morning arrivals I would never risk it (saw yet another NJ announced this morning with +120=2 hrs late, Germany)

Will I still be able to get direct night train from Berlin to Budapest on 12 December 2022 please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yes, just not yet shown on the timetable.

Hopefully it is possible soon as I want to confirm my big trip….  I was tempted to just get the night train Berlin to Vienna that is purchasable now - and just a day train the following morning 2.5 hours vienna to Budapest….  I was worried that Berlin to Budapest stopped as a route - but it should be OK you think, Martin?  Do you know if these tickets are released like one month before?  one week before?  Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

It will be ok for sure. One month before sounds reasonable. 

It will be ok for sure. One month before sounds reasonable. 

Hello,

I assume it will be a similar case for the Vienna to Paris route beyond Dec. 10?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Update: Trenitalia has released first couple of trains some weeks ago, they finally arrived at other train companies like ÖBB.

It is now possible to book reservations for Italian trains via ÖBB for the timetable 2023 starting 11 December 2022. Keep in mind that most trains are missing in the system. The last updated timetable you can find on trenitalia.com. They have added trains to the timetable last Friday, but they are not yet at ÖBB. You will have to wait for 1-2 weeks. 

Ciao io dovrei prendere il treno notturno monaco-venezia il 12 dicembre, ma il sito dice che non è ancora disponibile. Sai quando verrà pubblicato l'orario del 2023 completo? Perché mi sembra strano non si sappia ancora nulla a meno di un mese

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ciao io dovrei prendere il treno notturno monaco-venezia il 12 dicembre, ma il sito dice che non è ancora disponibile. Sai quando verrà pubblicato l'orario del 2023 completo? Perché mi sembra strano non si sappia ancora nulla a meno di un mese

Which website do you mean?

In any case, the timetable is available on the DB and ÖBB websites.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

News:

The Nightjet Vienna/Munich to Milan will from 11 dec 2022 continue not only to Genova but to La Spezia via Cinque Terre scenic railway. The timetable got released today. Booking for the moment not possible.

From the second half of 2023 the new Nightjet train stock will start operating on all Nightjet routes from/to Italy.