Solved

please help

Badge

2 reservations one from Prague to Krakow and one from Budapest to Zagreb have to be sent by post and I have to pay for it!!! It does not come to my house, I would have to give the address of some accommodation. Has anyone been through this?! it is not possible to send it by email????!

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 24 May 2023, 23:09

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It's best not to do this. It's not only very expensive, there have been several reports of the post being very late.

Prague to Krakow should be bookable on cd.cz.

Budapest to Zagreb should be bookable on tickets.oebb.at.

If that doesn't work for you, then please mention date and departure time.

Badge

So I have to make the reservations directly with the train company??? And in case I can that together with the pass and it is solved?

I can not believe this!!! I need to solve it because it slows me down my journey

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It is always best and cheapest to make the reservations directly at the company running the train. Please read more about that below. 

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and train in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process you choose the start day of the validity of the pass. Once the validity has started it can't be changed even if you haven't travelled. The advice is therefore to wait with activating the pass and starting the validity until the first day of your travel as you only can deactivate the pass no later than 23.59 CET on the day before the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you can't deactivate the pass and change the validity. 

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass and create the ticket (QR code), until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I need to solve it because it slows me down my journey

Like I wrote: if it doesn't work for you, then please mention date and departure time. Otherwise, we can only guess and help is difficult.

Badge

Prague-krakow  june 21

10.13 pm 

Budapest zagreb june 30 3.43 pm

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Prague - Krakow : cd.cz → add Eurail as a discount and you’ll be able to book all accommodations possible, from a couchette (227 CZK = 10€) to a (cheap) single sleeper compartment (1687 CZK = 72€). There is no booking fee and the reservation will be emailed to you.

Budapest - Zagreb : tickets.oebb.at → add Eurail as a discount and select one way tickets. 3€ seat reservation, directly emailed to you (no booking fee).

Badge

thank you!!!! I was able to make the reservation for zagreb! but I can't find my trip on the cd.cz page

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You select date and time, add the Eurail discount to the "Adult (26-64 y.o.)". You then choose "purchase reservations only". You'll get all options.

Let me know if it doesn't work.

Badge

I am very grateful for all your help! I managed to buy the 2 reservations and I didn't know that I could do it outside of Eurail even cheaper. thank you!!!!you saved me 🙏

Badge

I did not find a place to place the Eurail discount on any of the websites, but I paid the costs that you had told me.

I guess it will be fine right?

Now I am missing the reservations for Krakow-Warsaw and Warsaw-Vienna, I suppose that the Polish website will be the same procedure

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I did not find a place to place the Eurail discount on any of the websites, but I paid the costs that you had told me.

I guess it will be fine right?

Then it should be fine. The CD website sometimes works with "Reservation only”, sometimes by adding the Eurail discount and sometimes both ways.

Now I am missing the reservations for Krakow-Warsaw and Warsaw-Vienna, I suppose that the Polish website will be the same procedure

Krakow-Warsaw can be booked on intercity.pl, with Interrail/Eurail as a discount; normally only from 30 days in advance.

The day train Warsaw-Vienna can be booked on tickets.oebb.at: add Interrail/Eurail as a discount and select One-way tickets.

Badge

warsaw-vienna i plan to do it at night, the trip is 8.10 pm/7 am is it on the same page? Does it change something because of the schedule?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes use tickets.oebb.at

Badge

Unfortunately, I'm sure I'll bother you again with any questions.

Thank You!!!

Badge

finally I was only able to buy the reservation from Warsaw to Vienna. Krakow-Warsaw no!  It asked me to set up a user and account and but when I want to use it, it says that it is not enabled

Is there the possibility that I buy the reservation at the same station in Krakow 2 days before making that trip?