Solved

Seat Reservation(s)

• 10 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Seat Reservations….a popular topic.  Have already downloaded the the tickets...have my pass.  Now, I need to make seat reservations for 3 of 5 legs.  Eurail app is not possible to book seats.  Eurail website is useless….in timeout when I try to advance forward on the webpage.  Have high speed internet and 9-10 devices working just fine.  Its not my internet provider its the website.  The cute YouTube video on how to make seat reservations also useless.

Any suggestions?  

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 10 May 2023, 00:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What is the route, date and departure time ? There could be multiple reasons : train sold out, train unavailable to book on eurail.com,…

Btw it's always best to avoid eurail.com to book seat reservations because they add a 2$ booking fee per person per train. General advice : https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

Really give us more info and we'll be happy to help you

And btw what do you mean by downloaded the tickets ? If you've bought regular tickets, then you don't need a pass

London St. Pancras Int-Bruges   11:04-15:30, Tuesday June 6th.

ES 9126   London-Bruxelles-Midi, 11:04-14:05

IC 2835    Bruxelles-Midi-Bruges, 14:29-15:30

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

For Eurostar (and Thalys) check availability here : https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

You can also book it using the above link : 4€ booking fee per order (no matter the number of trains or people), compared to the 2€ per person per train on eurail.com

As you can see there are 30€ seat reservations available. Book ASAP though, they can sell out weeks in advance

Brussels - Bruges : no reservation possible on all trains in Belgium or the Netherlands (except Thalys which should be avoided). Before boarding simply add the train you'd like to take to the app and find a free seat :)