I'm slowly planning my trip in Europe. Since there's nice promotion I have doubts if is worth to pay extra for 1st class.
I'm going to travel in January and February. 3-5 days of pass I'll probably use for Scandinavian country, rest probably for South of the Europe and 1 day I'm planning to for night train for my return.
To be honest I never ride a train for long distance during the winter. Last year during summer I used 7 days to trip in West Europe, but it was 2nd class.
More specific questions:
1. You guys think is worth to pay extra for 1st class?
2. Seat reservations fee is same like in 2nd class?
3. What happens if I'll have 2nd class ticket and I book seat for 1st class?
4. How occupied are the trains in Scandinavians countries especially during the winter.
5. Night train with couchettes/sleeper have different for 1st/2nd class and can I book it?
Best answer by rvdborgtView original