6 travel days with global pass for a 6 days vacation, but where?

• 12 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Good evening!

I have 6 spare travel days from my Global pass after a travelled in Norway and I what to use them in late April in a different state, I was thinking about Greece but since a would have only the 30%of discount on the ferries, that would make it less convenient then travelling by plane from Milan.

Because I would need to book the train too and the night ferries are quite expensive so I want save up even on the night accomodations...

So now I don't feel like that Greece is the most convenient choice in my case.

I'm a bit indecise on what to do, and I don't  have much time to plan, what are suggestions of the community on this? Is Greece something that can be make or should I take a different approach?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Switzerland, Germany and Austria are great value with the pass so you may head in that direction : plenty of trains, no reservations to worry about and otherwise expensive last-minute tickets.

Plenty of beautiful Alpine railways. Obviously it won't feel like spring higher up.

Depending on where you live there could be night trains to Munich/Stuttgart or Vienna so you might start with that (popular so book in advance).