Skip to main content
Solved

alternative contact for obb nightjet customer service

• 11 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi all

I have had an email from the obb customer service saying that they have changed my booking and to call them but when i call the number is no longer available. I am calling 0043 5-1717 and getting the message that this number is no longer available. Due to travel tomorrow evening from Amsterdam to Zurich so a little bit anxious about this. Travelling with my 2 children. 

Does anyone have an alternative number to contact them? Can't find one online. 

Thanks 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Are you calling from a phone where you can make international calls? Try calling +43 5 1717 instead of 0043 5 1717

I have tried both and from a dutch phone too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Usual ÖBB last-minute changes… from sleeper to couchette and from couchette to 1st class seats.

On the phone they'll offer you a refund but not much else. All other night trains are completely sold out (I had a look).

If you're not happy with these changes (you can be!) the best alternative is likely to travel during the day (with a full refund of course).

Thanks for this information. I did look at day travel but now twice as much as i paid to travel in a sleep cabin. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

If you have an Interrail/Eurail pass you only need 3€ reservation per person.

If you have a ticket ask ÖBB to pay for daytime trains (try 1st class obviously).

Thank you that is very helpful.