Solved

BOOK NIGHT TRAIN FROM ZURICH TO PRAGUE - MAY 22 2024

• 17 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi Community. We are Eurail 1st Global Pass holders and seniors. We are travelling from Zurich and would like to travel by night train to Prague. I have read on the Community page that the night train will not run from late June. The message we receive for the 22 enquiry is :There are no direct night train connections for the selected route on your desired travel date. I have looked at alternative dates and get the same response. Ideally we would like to take the 50467 sleeper train departing at 20:40. There are no options available. Are we doing something wrong? Or is this connection no longer running? I have contacted OBB but have not yet received a response. Once again, thank you in advance for your input.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 18 March 2024, 11:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What is your travel date?

The 20:40 sleeper should be bookable on cd.cz.

Edit: I see it's in the subject title...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Who said that it will not run from late June? The night train via Germany won’t run for 3 weeks in August but the one via Austria will.

Anyway back to your question :

The 19:59 service is available right now for 196€ (double sleeper cabin).

The 20:40 service via Austria is only available until 9th May as far as I can see. I’d check back in a few days. You can always book the other night train → fully refundable.

Badge

Who said that it will not run from late June? The night train via Germany won’t run for 3 weeks in August but the one via Austria will.

Anyway back to your question :

The 19:59 service is available right now for 196€ (double sleeper cabin).

The 20:40 service via Austria is only available until 9th May as far as I can see. I’d check back in a few days. You can always book the other night train → fully refundable.

Thank you for your response. When you refer to the other night train, I guess you are referring to the 19:59 service. There is an alert for this service as follows : Due to construction work or other factors affecting our services, the departure and/or arrival times of this service may change even on the selected day. If you buy a ticket, we will send you an email or sms text message to notify you about any modifications. (Please also check your spam folder regularly). Should I continue with the booking and hope for the best (as the cancellation conditions are not clear to me)..?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes I'm speaking of the 19:59 train. Some minor changes could happen but it won't be cancelled.

With Eurail the conditions are as follows as you buy a so called Sparschiene Komfort/Semi-Flex ticket :

"cancellable free of charge until 07/05/2024; cancelling between 08/05/2024 and 21/05/2024 will incur a fee equivalent to 50% of the ticket price"