Skip to main content
Solved

Can I use my Eurail for Stansted Express?

• 3 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck booking a seat reservation for the Stansted Express from London Liverpool Street station. It is listed below, but I cannot seem to find anywhere that I can book a reservation and nothing on the website about the Eurail Pass (says no railpasses allowed). The reservation website comes back with an error, but I have managed to save the trip in my Rail Planner App. This will be our first trip once we have activated our passes so I have no idea if it will actually turn into a valid ticket???

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Seat reservations aren't a thing on the Stansted Express. Hop on and sit wherever you want. The front of the train will be emptier and it's nearest the exit in London so go there. :)

When you see gates you'll have to seek staff (they should be nearby) as unfortunately Interrail/Eurail haven't been integrated (yet) and thus don't open them.

Yes, when you flick the yellow toggle on your journey you'll get access to a QR code to show staff. Do it on the day when you're sure which train you're taking. You can alter the itinerary but not the travel day.