Solved

Can't purchase seat reservations

• 3 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Purchased Eurail Spain Flexi Pass for 6 days within 1 month beginning April 5.  Passes are in RailPlanner and shows “Ready for Travel”.  I chose the trains we will use for our days of travel and they show up in My Trip. They all require seat reservations but I don’t know how to actually reserve them. When I click on the details of the trip, it shows the train number and states Seat Reservations Required but how do I actually reserve and purchase them?  If I go to My Pass, it states Add a Journey at the bottom of the page. When I click on that, it shows the same train info that’s in My Trip so how do I actually put that info into My Pass? Also, none of my information is on the Eurail website.  How do I connect the two? I thought I could add the information manually, but the train times are different.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

icon

Best answer by Al_G 3 February 2024, 17:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You need to use the eurail.com website to make reservations for Spain.

https://www.eurail.com/en/login#/login

If you have an account then login here, if not then create one, you have to connect your pass/es to that account and then you can reserve from here

https://www.eurail.com/en/book-reservations#/

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do keep in mind that only some Spanish trains can be booked online. Here's a list of known ways to book reservations for Spanish domestic trains:

It's usually sufficient to book reservations in Spain a few days in advance though. You could also book all your reservations at the first Spanish ticket office you get to.

Thank you!  I was able to connect the passes and make seat reservations, BUT when I went to the cart to try and pay for them, I had an error on some of the trips that something went wrong and to try again or find another connection!  I will wait until later today or tomorrow after I’ve regained some of my patience...haha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When booking via Eurail, try booking only 1 train at a time. That was a problem in the past for Spanish trains and I don't know if it has been solved yet.

Thank you!  That worked and all my reservations have been made.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The recommendation is to wait with activating the pass until just before boarding the first train of your travel. In case something unexpected happens that prevents you from travelling, you can only deactivate your pass until 23.59 CET the day before the start date of the validity.