Solved

different issues in my first reservation

• 9 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello everybody,

I paid for a global Interrail pass including all European countries which I activated and which will take effect next Monday (April 15) for my first trip Paris Gare de Lyon - Padova. I wanted to book the journey, which departs from Paris GDL at 7.21am and passes through Basel SBB, Milan and Padova (arriving at 7.14pm). 

However, I have several problems: 

* I can't book my ticket with a seat for the Paris Gare de Lyon, Basel SBB journey, as it displays this message: « One or more Passes don't cover this journey Select the travellers with valid Passes for this journey to book reservations. »

* Finally, the prices displayed on the Rail planner application and Eurail are not at all the same (up to 3-4 times more expensive) ex: Basel SBB -> Milan (13€ on Rail planner vs 62€ on Eurail) 

Could you please help me 

Thank you very much 🙏🏼

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 9 April 2024, 22:39

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please check your confirmation mail, or your Interrail account (in the Order overview), whether you have the correct pass. What does it say there? It should be "Interrail Global Pass”.

Further, it's cheaper to book this on www.raileurope.com, since Interrail adds a €2 booking fee to each reservation.

The reservations for the journey you mention here should cost €29+13+13=55. €10 more for 1st class.

You can save on that by taking an earlier intercity from Basel (11:03) to Lugano (14:48), where you change to a regional express (15:02) to Milan (16:17). No reservations needed, so you save €13.