Solved

ferry trip Barcelona-CIVITA VECCHIA

• 17 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

This ferry trip has a discount in Ferry Grimaldi lines. The Eurail pass needs to be activated to get the discount. 
Does the ferry trip count as a EURAIL PASS TRAVEL  DAY ?

Does the pass remain active for the given period ( 1 month etc ….) after the Eurail pass was used once ?

Will the pass need to be activated specifically for the ferry trip ? Can the RailPlanner app be used for activation ot the Eurail pass, IF NECESSARY please ?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 17 October 2023, 07:38

View original

9 replies

Badge +1

This ferry trip has a discount in Ferry Grimaldi lines. The Eurail pass needs to be activated to get the discount. 

Does the pass remain active for the given period ( 1 month etc ….) after the Eurail pass was used once ?

Will the pass need to be activated specifically for the ferry trip ? Can the RailPlanner app be used for activation ot the Eurail pass, IF NECESSARY please ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The travel with the ferry where you get a discount doesn't count as a travel day, but the pass has to be activated, thus the validity of the pass has to be started.

Once you start the validity of the pass, the pass will remain valid for a month, or whichever period the validity of the pass is. 

Badge +1

Can l obtain the discount in Ferry Grimaldi Lines just with the Active Eurail Pass …..or for getting the discount, l need to use FIRST my Travel Day in a  train ?

thanks

Badge +1

Can l obtain the discount in Ferry Grimaldi Lines just with the Active Eurail Pass …..or for getting the discount, l need to use FIRST my  “ initial Travel Day “ in a  train ?

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, you don’t need to have any train travel on that day, and you don’t have to use a travel day.

Here is the information on how to book https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/tips-and-tricks/trains-europe/ferries/grimaldi-lines

Will the pass need to be activated specifically for the ferry trip Poppy Playtime Chapter 3 APK? Can the RailPlanner app be used for activation ot the Eurail pass, IF NECESSARY please ?

1. Ferry Trip and Eurail Pass Travel Day:

• Typically, ferry trips are considered travel days if they are covered by your Eurail pass. This means that using the ferry would count as one of your travel days.
  2. Pass Duration:

• The Eurail pass remains active for the duration specified when you purchase it (e.g., 1 month, 15 days within 2 months, etc.). The clock starts ticking when you activate the pass for the first time.
  3. Activation for Ferry Trip:

• In most cases, you need to activate the Eurail pass before you board the ferry to avail of the discount. Activation can often be done at the train station, and it's crucial to do this before using any travel services.
  4. RailPlanner App:

• While the RailPlanner app is a handy tool for planning your train journeys, the activation of the Eurail pass usually needs to be done at a train station or through an official Eurail agent. It's advisable to check the specific activation procedures outlined in your pass documentation.

To get accurate and up-to-date information, refer to the terms and conditions provided with your Eurail pass or contact the Eurail customer service. They can provide details specific to your pass type and help ensure a smooth and discounted ferry trip as part of your Eurail adventure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. Ferry Trip and Eurail Pass Travel Day:

• Typically, ferry trips are considered travel days if they are covered by your Eurail pass. This means that using the ferry would count as one of your travel days.

Not in this case, since the ferry only gives a discount, like most ferries.

1. RailPlanner App:
  • While the RailPlanner app is a handy tool for planning your train journeys, the activation of the Eurail pass usually needs to be done at a train station or through an official Eurail agent

Not with a mobile pass. For paper passes only if there's no indicated start date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@rvdborgt I think the poster you’re quoting is a bot, and/ or using ChatGPT to generate answers, based on post history!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt I think the poster you’re quoting is a bot, and/ or using ChatGPT to generate answers, based on post history!

I also suspect this but I still can't leave incorrect information uncommented :)