Skip to main content

Hi community,

I need guidance on whether to go with a 15-day pass or a 30-day continuous pass. The cost per day for each will be AUD 163 per day per person and AUD 106 per day per person, respectively, but obviously, a 30-day pass is AUD 650 expensive.

We are travelling in mid-September: 2 Adults and 2 children (14 and 11). The pass for 11 is free.

• Our itinerary starts from London and ending in Rome
  • London (4 days)
  • Brussels (5 days) - planning day trips to Amsterdam, Luxemburg, Cologne
  • Paris (5 days) - 2 at Disney
  • Geneva (5 days) - planning day trips across various regions in Switzerland
  • Barcelona (4 days) - day trip to Madrid
  • Nice for a quick day (to Monaco)
  • Italy (5 days) - Planning day drip to Pisa / Venice

I appreciate any help you can provide.

15 days will be enough. The pass isn't valid on RER suburban trains around Paris. Note that the 11 yo still has to pay seat reservations.

You should book London - Amsterdam and Brussels - Paris ASAP -> Eurostar has a passholder quota. Some trains are sold out. There are slower alternatives such as London - Brussels + hourly reservation-free IC to Amsterdam, or going via Lille/Maubeuge towards Paris.

Some critics about your trip (hope you don't mind):

I must say that day trips to Cologne (5h return), Amsterdam (6h) and Luxembourg (6h30) are very ambitious. Doable but you'll spend more time on packed trains than in the cities…

I'd rather visit Belgium in more details. Antwerp, Bruges, Gent are all more beautiful than Brussels or Cologne. :)

Geneva isn't the best city to visit Switzerland as it's in a dead end. Lausanne or Bern would be much better in my opinion -> more beautiful and less travel time to Interlaken, Lucerne, etc.

Feel free to ask anything.

Thanks for the guidance. We will keep these things in mind.