Skip to main content
Solved

HELP Your Interrail pass expires in 6 weeks

• 27 December 2023
  • 4 replies

hello need help we just received this message: Your Interrail pass expires in 6 weeks - You still have time to choose your destination, activate your pass for the first day of travel and experience unforgettable moments!Activate my pass. I understand, are we going through these active or not?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Is it a pass you bought during the Black Friday sale ? That email is totally wrong and you can activate your pass at any time until 1st June as expected.

Interrail should've sent another email confirming their mistake but they didn't.

Dear Eurail community Support,

I am writing to seek clarification regarding an email notification I received about my Interrail Pass. The email states, “Your Interrail pass is about to expire,” which has caused some confusion. I was under the impression that upon purchasing the Interrail Pass, I would have 11 months to activate it. However, the email suggests that my pass will expire in 6 weeks.

Could you please clarify the following points for me?

1. Do I actually have only 6 weeks left to activate my pass, or is the 11-month activation period still applicable?
  2. If the pass is set to expire in 6 weeks, I would like to understand why this is the case, as it contradicts my initial understanding based on the purchase terms.
  3. If the pass has been activated automatically without my intention, is it possible to reset or adjust the activation date according to my travel plans?

I had planned to activate the pass closer to my intended travel dates and am concerned about this apparent discrepancy. Your assistance in clarifying these points would be greatly appreciated, as it will greatly influence my travel planning.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I look forward to your response and guidance on how to proceed with my Interrail Pass.

Best regards,

I just received We are aware of a recent email you received mentioning a 6 week expiration for Interrail Passes purchased during the Black Friday promotion.Please disregard this information. Rest assured that your Pass will only expire if it is not activated by June 1, 2024. There is still plenty of time left to embark on your journey that makes a difference! We apologize for any confusion caused.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. There's no such thing as "Eurail community Support”. This is a community of Interrail and Eurail pass users.
  2. Please mention which kind of pass you bought. We can't see that, we don't have access to your data. More specifically, is it a pass from the black Friday promotion or not?
  3. The confirmation email you received should mention what the last possible activation date is. This date cannot be moved to an earlier day, since Interrail also have to comply with their own conditions.
  4. You can certainly cancel the activation of a pass, as long as the validity period has not started. There is no need to activate a pass in advance.