Skip to main content
Solved

How can i solve this problem

Guys, Im planning to travel this august with my friends to eastern europe.I start on Barcelona and i want to get to zurich as fast as posible without reservation or very little money.I was wondering if its imposible or i have to stop in the Middle on grenoble from example.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

We need a bit more details if you want to ask the community for a little help.

Exact travel dates, when do you want to reach Zürich,…

Are reservations completely not done, or would you agree to some (minimised) reservation cost?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes we'll gladly help.

Do you have a night train to catch in Zurich ?

A 10-20€ TGV at some point is unavoidable if you want to reach Zurich in a day but we'll give you advice

Okay, we start the trip on August 18th and the idea was to take a 11h free train  to grenoble,sleep and on 19th take anoche free train to Zurich (5 hours).I have being searching other places around but i dont know what to do; 11h to grenoble and sleep, other location with better timings .The Major is issue is when going from bcn to zurich and when leaving the trip in Viena we have to take a 18h train free to grenoble to sleep and the next Day retorno to barcelona

We need a bit more details if you want to ask the community for a little help.

Exact travel dates, when do you want to reach Zürich,…

Are reservations completely not done, or would you agree to some (minimised) reservation cost?

We made the triple 6 persons with only 5 euros of train reservation. We start the 18th and we stay Zurich 1 , prague 2 , bratislava 2 , budapest 2, ljubliana 1 , Viena 1 and the grenoble thing annoys me

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There are plenty of places to stop overnight on a reservation free 2 day Barcelona - Zurich trip,

Starting from Barcelona Sants on the 07.16 to Cerbere you can get as far as Bern by 1am, you could overnight pretty much anywhere you choose from Perpignan north through Montpelier, Nimes, Lyon, Geneva.

If you could get to Cerbere for the first French train at 08.24 you could get right through to Zurich reservation free in a day.

Just one reservation would allow you to do the trip in a single day, perhaps comparing the cost of that reservation  against the cost of an extra day would make it worthwhile.

Assuming that reservations on the new RENFE Barcelona - Lyon service will be €10, this along with 2 connections from Lyon would get you to Zurich for 8pm.

https://www.renfe.com/content/dam/renfe/es/Viajeros/Secciones/Prepara-tu-viaje/ave-francia/pdf/Renfe_Horarios_es.pdf

There are plenty of places to stop overnight on a reservation free 2 day Barcelona - Zurich trip,

Starting from Barcelona Sants on the 07.16 to Cerbere you can get as far as Bern by 1am, you could overnight pretty much anywhere you choose from Perpignan north through Montpelier, Nimes, Lyon, Geneva.

If you could get to Cerbere for the first French train at 08.24 you could get right through to Zurich reservation free in a day.

Just one reservation would allow you to do the trip in a single day, perhaps comparing the cost of that reservation  against the cost of an extra day would make it worthwhile.

Assuming that reservations on the new RENFE Barcelona - Lyon service will be €10, this along with 2 connections from Lyon would get you to Zurich for 8pm.

https://www.renfe.com/content/dam/renfe/es/Viajeros/Secciones/Prepara-tu-viaje/ave-francia/pdf/Renfe_Horarios_es.pdf

Only 10 euros barcelona-lyon?, this could be worth