Solved

How early should I add 'my trip'

• 23 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge
  1. How early should I add ‘my trip’ route on the Rail Planner app?
    For instance, suppose I arrive at Colmar and spent some time there, and then incidentally decide to leave to Switzerland with the train which is supposed to leave soon (like 5-10 minutes). Is it okay to add the train on ‘my trip’ on the Rail Planner app and use it? 
  2. In case I arrive in Milano at 11:40am, and would like to transfer a train to Venezia, is it okay to make seat reservation when I arrive in Milano on the day? If my condition is good, then I would visit Milano four 3-4 hours, and then ride a train to Venezia. However, if my co-travellers do not feel like visiting Milano and transfer directly to Venezia, can I make seat reservation and ride the train on the spot? It is going to be on 9, Aug. 

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Hektor 23 July 2023, 09:36

View original

1 reply

It’s not even posssible to do so, it’s the way it should be done on a route where there’s a train most of the dqy every 30 minutes (why waiting for a pre-booked train?). You may add a train even when you are boarding it. 

In Italy, it’s possible to book that way even last minute. There may just be a waiting time at the counter (if you’d like to buy it from a real person) or there’s a rsik that the next train is already full. But for Milano to Venezia there are many options. You may also book on the run for immediate departures with Tickets & Services (oebbtickets.at) without a fee.​​