Solved

How much extra buy ticket for Eurostar?

• 17 April 2024
  • 6 replies

good evening,

I want to go from the Netherlands to Paris or to London with my Interrail Global Pass 5 days within 1 month.last week I was in Rom and i have paid 13 euro extra for the high speed train Frecciarossa.my question is how much I have to paid now extra for the high speed train Eurostar to Paris or to the London?

thank you in advance ,

kind regards

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 17 April 2024, 19:24

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

About 35 eur. They are a tad expensive. Know that seat reservations on Eurostar are limited (very limited on Amsterdam-Brussel-Paris route) , get them as soon as you have a concrete travel date.

Eurostars Amsterdam Paris, can be avoided by taking the IC to Brussels, and taking regional trains to Lille, from where you can get a TGV from 10 EUR per seat reservation.

About 35 eur. They are a tad expensive. Know that seat reservations on Eurostar are limited (very limited on Amsterdam-Brussel-Paris route) , get them as soon as you have a concrete travel date.

Eurostars Amsterdam Paris, can be avoided by taking the IC to Brussels, and taking regional trains to Lille, from where you can get a TGV from 10 EUR per seat reservation.

yes i know till Brussels i can go with regional trains.even till Lille you said.then Lille-Paris with the TGV,for just 10 euro extra?is this price for the reservation,or because of the high speedity of the train?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are domestic and international fares. Every company sets its own prices so it depends.

For a good overview: https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm

Note the passholder quota on Eurostar services + TGVs out of Brussels. You must book those as soon as possible. Fortunately there are slower alternatives (except to London).

thank you very much  for your answers.👍

I have another question.last year I have used for the first time Interrail Global Pass 5 days within 1 month .I thought it was for 5 days between the time you go somewhere and you come back,and not for 5 time you can travel.so I have used just 2 days,and another 3 days are staying free on the pass.so my question is can get some restitution for these unused 3 days back,even if it’s a 1 year later?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No, these days are lost I'm afraid.

No, these days are lost I'm afraid.

Thank you