Solved

Journeys

• 16 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge +3

Sorry, I have a question, can I do it like this? I came from Wroclaw to Vienna but now I want to go from Vienna to Wroclaw, my country of residence is Poland

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 16 April 2024, 13:01

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

If you have a Global pass, you can do this perfectly fine, as long as you have an inbound/outbound day left.

You only have the right to travel in your own country for two travel days, but you can take as many trains as you want/need on a (inbound/outbound) travel day. Once those inbound/outbound days are spent, you need to buy an ordinary ticket to the nearest border point.

Badge +3

it says that the ticket is active, I don’t want the conductors to see some kind of error, I’m wondering if I have already made a trip from my country this morning, can I return on the same day? By the way, I wonder why they banned travel within their country

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

it says that the ticket is active, I don’t want the conductors to see some kind of error, I’m wondering if I have already made a trip from my country this morning, can I return on the same day? By the way, I wonder why they banned travel within their country

There’s no error. You can take as many trains as you want on a active travel day. It’s perfectly fine to return on the same day.

Interrail can sometimes be more advantageous than domestic (season) tickets, hence the limit. The inbound/outbound days are relatively recent, some years ago, you had to buy a ticket to the border, before being able to use your interrail pass.

Badge +3

There’s no error. You can take as many trains as you want on a active travel day. It’s perfectly fine to return on the same day.

Interrail can sometimes be more advantageous than domestic (season) tickets, hence the limit. The inbound/outbound days are relatively recent, some years ago, you had to buy a ticket to the border, before being able to use your interrail pass.

that is, I can make 1 trip every day, leaving the country to the Czech Republic, for example, and return on the same day to my country Poland, right? I thought 1 trip to leave the country and 1 trip to enter for the entire period of validity of the ticket

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

The app doesn’t work with seperate trips or journeys. But with travel days, if you activated a travel day, you can take as many as you want or need. You can take only one train or 30 different trains in many different countries from 0:00 to 23:59. Even with the inbound outbound rule. Very flexible, all possible. You don’t do anything wrong, no worries :)

Badge +3

The app doesn’t work with seperate trips or journeys. But with travel days, if you activated a travel day, you can take as many as you want or need. You can take only one train or 30 different trains in many different countries from 0:00 to 23:59. Very flexible, all possible :)

Badge +3

The app doesn’t work with seperate trips or journeys. But with travel days, if you activated a travel day, you can take as many as you want or need. You can take only one train or 30 different trains in many different countries from 0:00 to 23:59. Even with the inbound outbound rule. Very flexible, all possible. You don’t do anything wrong, no worries :)

I'm talking about traveling from my country, which is only allowed for departure and arrival

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I know, it’s not a problem at all. You have the right to travel in your own country on two days, during the validity of the pass. The route you take, how many trains you use, and how many times you cross a border, doesn’t matter. There’s only a limit of two travel days in your own country, not on the amount of journeys or border crossings.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/what-is-interrail/travel-your-own-country