Night train routes to Paris to Barcelona

• 12 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi, everyone.

I am planning to travel to Europe in April this year.
While looking for the train line, I had a question. Night train routes to Paris to Barcelona are not found on other sites such as omio. However, in the Rail Planner app, routes exist.
I'm planning to purchase Eurail Pass. Should I follow the line of RailPlanner?

I'm a beginner in traveling. I'm asking because I'm afraid it's a route that's not registered incorrectly on the app.

ralderton 6 months ago

There is no direct sleeper train from Paris to Barcelona. It goes to Cerbère or Latour de Carol, near the France/Spain border. 

The trains will show up eventually in every booking system, so you don’t need to worry. You can buy reservations from Eurail or Raileurope. 

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There is no direct sleeper train from Paris to Barcelona. It goes to Cerbère or Latour de Carol, near the France/Spain border. 

The trains will show up eventually in every booking system, so you don’t need to worry. You can buy reservations from Eurail or Raileurope. 

I heartily thank you.
I forgot to tell you that the route I found goes to Toulouse from Austerlitz station in France. I will make a reservation through Eurail. Thank you very much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I forgot to tell you that the route I found goes to Toulouse from Austerlitz station in France. I will make a reservation through Eurail. Thank you very much.

There are more night trains in France than from Toulouse. Cerbère and Latour-de-Carol are closer to Spain.

Also, reservations through Eurail are more expensive than elsewhere, since they always add a booking fee. Raileurope.com doesn't.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This map of night trains might be useful @김혜진 

https://nachtzugkarte.de/en/

If you have any problems finding the train to Cerbère, Perpignan, or Latour de Carol, please let us know. They will be more convenient for you than Toulouse.