Solved

Nightjet discount

• 22 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi all! 

I am trying to book on the Nightjet from Paris to Salzburg at the beginning of August and have added the Interrail pass as a discount card for each of the passengers. However, it doesn’t seem to offer any discount at all - it’s exactly the same price as without the pass. Is this right? Should I be doing something differently? 

Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 22 April 2024, 20:51

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What's your travel date and where are you looking to book?

I definitely see different prices on https://www.nightjet.com/en/#/home (add Interrail as a discount). For example a couchette on 1st August is 39.90€ (Interrail) vs 84.90€ (ticket).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Apart from adding Interrail as discount for each passenger, you must select normal tickets, not "seat only". 

Where are you making the reservation? For exactly which date?

6th August Paris to Salzburg, I think it’s 19:12 departure. There’s 3 of us, 2 adults and a child and ideally I’d like to book a triple sleeper compartment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Lowest regular price for 3 people in a sleeper currently €354.70 (not refundable). Could be cheaper depending on the age of the child.

Lowest pass reservation price currently €249.70 (100% refundable until 15 days before the journey).

Thanks so much for looking - that’s what I found - 249 euros. My issue is that it’s the same price whether or not you have added the interrail passes?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks so much for looking - that’s what I found - 249 euros. My issue is that it’s the same price whether or not you have added the interrail passes?

Like I said: the regular price depends on the age of the child. If the child is max. 14 years old, then the regular price is currently €269.70. That is not the same but still only €20 less.

Hi, yes thank you. Have looked again and if I compare semi-flex to semi-flex ticket then there is a discount. Thanks for your help - just getting to grips with all this for the first time!