Solved

One-country Germany pass, how many inbound/outbound trips to Venice or Verona are allowed?

• 9 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I would like to know how many times I can travel to/from Italy on a one-country pass for Germany.
I am a citizen/resident of Italy. I see that OBB/DB trains to/from Venice, Verona etc are included in the pass. Does it work as for the global pass, so that I only have one inbound and one outbound trip available, or can I travel between Italy and Germany as many times as I like?
To make the question clearer, I need to travel to Germany and back to Italy twice in two weeks. I would then buy a 4-day one-country Germany pass. Can I simply use the pass for both trips? Or do I need to buy regular tickets from home to the German border (Kufstein I would guess) for one of the trips?
Also, is there a reservation fee  on the trains from Italy to Munich, as with the global pass?
All this is not really explained in the dedicated one-country pass page.
Thank you for your advice.

icon

Best answer by MartinM 9 May 2024, 06:25

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

For question 1: I’ve never heard of any limitations for one country pass, so I would say it is ok as you don’t have any in-/outbound for one country passes but maybe someone can confirm this for 100% sure? (Or ask öbb/deutsche Bahn on Twitter).

1. you will need a supplement. Can be bought via oebb. Seat reservation is recommended. If bought in Germany it is included for free.