Solved

Only the first "My Trip" had a slider switch to add to the pass, a;; other My Trips for other day journeys dont have a slide switch

• 25 July 2023
  • 6 replies

First Time user of Eurail. I will be in Europe for about 15 days holiday as a single traveler, we used the planner on the app to find the 7 train journeys I need to take, and we saved each one as a my trip (I have 10 days over 2 months) but now I look at it, we connected the first My Trip to the pass, even managed to work out how to get a seat reservation, because as per the instructions we read it had a slide switch to connect it to the pass. 

None of the other 6 my trips seem to have this slide switch??? I haven’t reserved seats yet on the other journeys, is that why there is no slider switch?? I need to take the other 6 journeys during my 15 days in Europe.

I can’t understand, there doesn't seem to be any useful instructions. Please help, my next journey is in 3 days. 

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 25 July 2023, 10:37

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

If I understood correctly you have 7 different “My Trips”?

Only one “My Trip” can be connected to your pass. Add all other trains to the “My Trip” that’s connected to the pass.

Which other trains you plan to take? If you plan to take a Eurostar (London-Paris/Lille/Brussels/Amsterdam), get your seat reservations for it asap, as it can sell out.

I’m writing this for my wife, Vilma, who wasn’t able to log in here using the password we set up with Eurail. Anyway, I just found “Detailed guide on how to add journeys to the Pass and get the day tickets (QR codes)” where the crucial statement “Only one 'trip' can be attached to an active Pass.” is written, 

It would have been really useful if that was in the only guide we saw from the Eurail Pass site. 

So, my next question, does the mean my wife has to search all of the other rail journeys again to add to the first trip, or is there a way of copying the journeys in each of the 6 other My Trip’s we mistakenly created to the first trip?? My wife is currently on a flight to Brussels and is very stressed, I don’t know if she can use the planner to find all the other trips again. 

Please help, much appreciated !

By the way, the video that article links to is the same video we watched and it really does not specify that all journeys must be added to just the one trip. We understood “Save your journeys to My Trip  - You can save as many trips as you like” to mean we save each journey as a separate trip, especially as there is a click button to “Create a new trip”   This is where the confusion started. 

Please, can we copy the journeys we planed in each My Trip and ‘paste’ them into the first trip which is on the pass??? 

If I understood correctly you have 7 different “My Trips”?

Only one “My Trip” can be connected to your pass. Add all other trains to the “My Trip” that’s connected to the pass.

Which other trains you plan to take? If you plan to take a Eurostar (London-Paris/Lille/Brussels/Amsterdam), get your seat reservations for it asap, as it can sell out.

Hi Brendan, thanks for replying, is there any way we can “paste” the contents of each of the other 6 trips into the first Trip? 

I’m not sure my wife can go through the process of finding each of the individual trips again using the planner. 

I added all the my Trips to try and have everything set up for her on her first trip to Europe, but it turns out because we completely misunderstood the instructions, I have created a problem for her. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

You can share the link of Trips, but it only duplicates a trip. As far as I know, it cannot be imported in an existing trip.

No stress needed, as all information is in the previous trips.  Adding a train to a trip and consecutively the pass takes no longer than 15 seconds. It’s not difficult. And if you’re wife struggles with it, there will be station or train staff to help her get going with the pass and Eurail app.

(Also in the train station of Brussels Airport)

We actually recommend constantly on this forum to only add trains, until just before boarding the train.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I believe the lesson-learned here is that users like Vilma and myself thought of a ‘trip’ as 1 journey on a single day from point a to point b, using one or more trains. However the app uses the wording ‘trip’ for the full validity of one's pass.

I had a 2 months pass and that makes a lot of scrolling! So me too I thought to be clever and subdivide the 2 months into smaller segments, but that was not how the app-developer had intended it to be.