Solved

Pass not valid for Paris -> Bordeaux in June 2024?

• 28 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Dear All -- This summer, our family of 4 travelled from Frankfurt am Main (Hbf) (Germany) to Bordeaux St Jean (France) via Paris Montparnasse in June/July 2023 without problems. So, I am about to buy a Eurail Global Pass for us again for the 2024 summer … but looking at our travel dates (i.e., Sunday, June 09, 2024) under seat reservations, the website reports that the pass is not valid for the leg between Paris → Bordeaux (i.e., “Pass not valid. Choose a different journey within the Pass network or buy a separate ticket for this journey.). Any advice? Thanks so much in advance! Christian & Co.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 28 November 2023, 06:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Only Ouigo (low-cost high-speed trains run by SNCF) is on the planner for June at the moment. These do not accept Interrail/Eurail.

Don't worry, there will be plenty of regular TGVs on the same route but the schedule will be published some time in February - March.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

You can check the dates on which you can make seat reservations here: https://www.sncf-connect.com/aide/l-ouverture-des-ventes

Be mindful that Eurail/Interrail is usually one or two days later in opening the bookings.

Dear thibcabe & BrendanDB, Thanks so much to you for the helpful feedback! Kind regards, Christian & Co.