Solved

Pass validation

• 25 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I read that some countries require pass validation before boarding a train, but can’t find any information about which countries nor how to do it.

Does anybody know if it’s true. If it is, then which countries and how? A link to a site explaining it all would be most helpful

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Gordon_Matheus 25 April 2024, 15:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2

What do you mean pass validation ?
If you mean activating a travel day and a train on your Railplanner app, then this is true for every country.

Some people seemed to be suggesting that, in some countries, you need to do an additional step as well as activatinng the pass and adding journeys for the day. They called it ‘validating the pass’, and suggested it needs to be done at the station prior to boarding the train. I did read about having to do something with ticket / validation machines in the platform in Italy for example, but again not sure how reliable the source is.

Userlevel 2

Some people seemed to be suggesting that, in some countries, you need to do an additional step as well as activatinng the pass and adding journeys for the day. They called it ‘validating the pass’, and suggested it needs to be done at the station prior to boarding the train. I did read about having to do something with ticket / validation machines in the platform in Italy for example, but again not sure how reliable the source is.

You mean obliterating your ticket ? Your pass is your ticket, and you don’t need to do anything else than activate a travel day and add the train to your pass.