Solved

Prague to Austria (best stops) then back to Paris

• 17 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Hallo.  This summer going to Prague via Paris.  Have details re getting there.

Can anyone help with these please:

1. Travel from Prague to Austria - stopping a day or so
  2. then onto Paris.  
  3. Best and beautiful places to stop, in country areas, with access to good transport and with accomodation.  This can include the OBB coach.

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by ralderton 18 March 2024, 15:24

View original

4 replies

Regarding your description, I should suggest to stay in Sankt Anton am Arlberg. This Austrian village is located near the summit of the Arlberg Pass at an elevation of 1300 m and therefore is a popular resort in summer and winter. The village is well connected by rail since international high speed trains call here. Some trains include panoramic coaches for an exciting expe

Another rural resort which may interest you, is Seefeld in Tirol. This village is served by local trains only, but the journey offers breathtaking views if you approach Seefeld via Innsbruck.

Many thanks Wim Glas

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I really liked Brno, in the east of the Czech Republic, That’s on the main line between Prague and Vienna.

Many people recommend Cesky Krumlov as a beautiful town to visit. There are direct/ indirect trains from Prague (if you change at Ceske Budejovice, the short trip to Cesky Krumlov isn’t covered by the pass), and decent onward connections to Austria.

Between Austria and Paris, you have a lot of options. Obviously there’s sleeper trains, which are very time effective. But I’d recommend Salzburg and the Tirol as places to visit. In the Tirol, I stayed in the Oetz Valley, which is well linked by bus (not included) from Oetztal ÖBB station. The valley is gorgeous.

If not taking the sleeper to Paris, I would continue through Switzerland. Very efficient transport. You can cross the country on the scenic railways if you have time, such as the Goldenpass.

Thank you also Radlerton.  Much appreiciated