Solved

Print out e-tickets?

• 14 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi

I have a ten-travel-day mobile Interrail pass, and have planned out my itinerary for a journey through France, Switzerland, Austria and Germany. I now have all the tickets ready on my mobile phone, and have made the necessary seat reservations (which I know have to be printed out and shown separately).

I understand there is no way of backing the e-tickets up to another device for security, but am worried about what happens in the (hopefully unlikely) case that I lose my phone or it gets broken while I am travelling. I have managed to take screengrabs of each of my tickets as shown on my phone, each of which clearly shows the QR Codes for each ticket, and have transferred these to my home desktop computer. If I now print these out, can I use them instead of the tickets on my phone in case of need?

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by Hektor 14 April 2024, 21:53

View original

2 replies

No, you can't. A printed copy is no valid ticket. A screenshot is no valid ticket, too.

(It would be possible to create much more travel days than 10 that way (in fact for every day in two months) because it's possible to delete a travel day before it does start. BTW: It's also no good idea to activate all travel days before needed because you can't delete them when they did start.)

If your phone is broken or stolen, it's possible to transfer your pass:

"In the unfortunate scenario that your device gets lost, damaged, or broken with your Pass on it, you can opt to move your Pass to another device.

Open the app on your new device and go to My Pass to add your Pass using your last name and Pass number from the order confirmation email. When asked, tap 'Move Pass' and follow the steps to have your Pass moved to the new device.

Remember, if you don’t have a device available to add your Pass to, you won’t be able to travel since you won’t be able to show your ticket. You run the risk of being fined or asked to leave the train."

(https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/interrail-mobile-pass/mobile-pass-faq)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to wait with activating both your pass and travel days until just before boarding the train. This as the pass only can be deactivated until 23.59 CET the day before the start of the validity. And travel days can only be deactivated until 23.59 CET the day before. 

If you activate everything in advance and then something unexpected happens, you can't deactivate the pass and/or travel days.