Skip to main content

Hi, we have an unlimited 1 month pass. When we book seats we get a QR code. When do plan a trip and try to generate a code nothing happens. Some inspectors are fine saying the pass is the ticket. Others want to scan a code. Do we need to have a code for every journey? If we do why isn’t one being generated?  Thanks 

You need to add all trains to your pass that you are using. If you do that, you should be able to generate a QR code. Only then your pass is valid.

What do you mean by "When do plan a trip and try to generate a code nothing happens.”?

At what exact step do you get stuck and after what action? Could you post a screenshot?

Please also note that you should create the QR code when you have good internet. This means not while you're on a train.

Hi, thanks for getting back so quickly, please see the screen shots below

When we view cart there is nothing there. We go to trips and again no QR code. I have QR codes for trips where we have reserved seats.

You're mixing up ticket and reservations. They are both completely separate.

In your first screenshot, what happens when you tap on "Show ticket”?

The other screenshots (except for 1) are not from the app, but from the Eurail website. For the train shown, just go to bahn.de (€6.50 with seat selection) or tickets.oebb.at (€3) to book reservations. It will be a lot cheaper.

Hi, when I go to show tickets this is what I get this view.

Then when we go back to the planner it says not connected to a pass

By default, the app will (try to) show the QR code for the current date.

If you see "No ticket for this date”, then do as the message says: choose a date for which you have added a journey, or add a journey for the current date.

I see you were planning for 23/9, so if you've added a journey for that date, select that date.

Where in the planner does it say "not connected to a pass” and after which exact action? Could you post a screenshot of that error?

Make sure that you add all journeys to the Trip that is connected to your pass. You can only have one Trip connected to your pass. 

Hi, all good now worked it out.

thanks mark

All good now. Recreated trips and all working. Thanks