Solved

Relationship between activation date & travel date

• 22 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, I’ve got a mobile 10 day in 2 month pass which must be activated by June 1st. I am unsure about the relationship between the activation date and the first travel date. I have looked at similar questions asked in this group but remain unclear.

If I activated today does that then allocate a travel day to the day I activate or can I name a first travel day on another day in the future? 

When does the 2 month start? From the activation date or the date of the first travel day?

If it has to be activated by June 1st does that included June 1st itself or does it mean before June 1st (The earliest I can travel is June 1st so depending on the answers to the other questions, if activation day counts as a travel day I would have to activate and travel on June 1st in order to not lose a travel day)

Sorry for the confusion & thanks for any help.

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 22 May 2024, 10:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

If I activated today does that then allocate a travel day to the day I activate or can I name a first travel day on another day in the future?

Activating your pass is not the same as activating a travel day. Activating a pass is adding some personal information, like your passport number and name.

When does the 2 month start? From the activation date or the date of the first travel day?

From the activation date, so best wait to activate it (if it’s possible) until your first travel day, or as close as possible to your first travel day.

You can activate your Pass for travel any time within 11 months of purchase. If you’re not sure when you bought your Pass, you can check your order confirmation email and count 11 months.

But since pass activation doesn’t take a travel day. You can be safe and activate it on the 31st of May for peace of mind :)

No need to say sorry if you’re a bit confused. People gladly help and answer your questions. ;)

The pass I bought is a promotional pass so the 11 months didn’t apply. Instead it says

Last Possible Activation Date: 1st June 2024

Does this mean I can activate the pass on June 1st itself & travel on that day?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The 2 months start at the latest on 1st June. You can already activate it from that date so you don’t forget.

However you don’t have to travel that day but you could of course! :)