Solved

Route from Salzburg-Ljubljana-Siena

• 7 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello all, 

Advice from experienced interrailers needed! We are travelling around a few countries in Europe for a few weeks in the summer and currently have booked the Paris-Salzburg sleeper, arriving in Salzburg 7th August. The next thing we have booked is a week in Tuscany from the 15th August. My question is how best to spend that week in between? 

I had thought to do Ljubljana-Pula, then Pula-Venice by ferry, then Venice-Siena, but I’m not sure if that’s a bit complicated and we’ll end up with not much time in each place? I would like to visit Slovenia and Croatia if possible but am aware it would only be a flying visit if I squeeze it into this week, plus there’s the additional cost of the ferry to think about. 

Could anyone either reassure me that the above plan is ok, or suggest an alternative which wouldn’t be too stressful but stops at a couple of nice places? 

Thanks very much - appreciate your time :-) 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 7 May 2024, 10:25

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Looks good.

The ferry is indeed expensive. As alternative you could take a Flixbus to Trieste (15:40 - 18:32 for example) and then a 2h train to Venice.

Lake Bohinj is a beautiful area (much better and a bit less touristy than Bled). You have to take a bus but they’re rather frequent.