Skip to main content

I would like to take this trip next year.

I am just starting to plan and would like to know if anyone has already taken this trip from Germany.

- Which route did you take? Through Norway or Sweden? I read that Norway is more beautiful and less complicated, is that true?

- How long does it last? I mean, which cities did you stop in for 1 or 2 days?

- How long does the Pass last? I have free time and can travel for up to 2 months, but the number of stops is the main factor in deciding which pass to buy!!!! because on the way back I wanted to visit Lappland and Helsinki.!!!

- I am thinking of going between April/May or May/June. Is it still too cold?

Thanks in advance, I am open to any itinerary and tips.

Roberto

Hello @RobertusBr Jorre 

I suggest to travel through Norway with day trains, for me it not interesting to take night trains if you want to see the landscape. But, from Bodø, you have no trains more and you should take another mode of transportation (bus? boat? or rent a car?), I would also visit Bergen in Norway, but it is not the same line.

You should choose June if you want to see the Midnight sun, but it is certainly the season with the higher prices for accommodation.

You should also ask you if it is really necessary to go to the North Cape. You can say after: I was there!, but apart a souvenir shop and a lot of tourists, you have nothing, and, If the weather is bad, you would not see the Midnight sun.

Thank you so much for your time Daniel. 

At Nordkap there's midnight sun from mid May until the end of July. The closer to the Arctic Circle you get, the fewer days with midnight sun there are.

https://www.nordkapp.no/en/tourist-information/59-inspiration/308-midnight-sun

Hey AnnaB!!!!
Thank you very much for the beautiful link.
Are you part of tourist-information or do you live nearby or are you just a local lover?
Have a nice week.

Hey AnnaB!!!!
Thank you very much for the beautiful link.
Are you part of tourist-information or do you live nearby or are you just a local lover?
Have a nice week.

I just googled Nordkap and midnight sun.