Solved

Supplement train Munich to Rome

• 10 March 2024
  • 4 replies

I am trying to book my train from Munich to rome via the interrial app, but it says that the trip is not included in the italy pass. After a bit of looking I also see that I need a supplement. I have been trying to figure out how to get one, but I just dont seem to get it. Can someone please help me figure this out?!

icon

Best answer by Angelo 10 March 2024, 18:51

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi you can use trains only inside of italy with an Interrail Italy Pass. Till the border with Italy you need a ticket.

The supplement is for the Eurocity Brenner. You need it for rides in Italy.

I have a global pass. So do I still need the global pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If you have a Interrail Global Pass you can use all trains in 33 countries except your own country for outbound or inbound journey.

For the supplement: EC/RJ over Brenner need a supplement. On Frecciarossa you need a reservation. Except the nighttrain munich-rome there is no direct service.

You can get the supplement at most ticket offices (with a reservation for free) or online like ÖBB (search for normal tickets and Interrail as discount - reservation optional 3€), Interrail.eu (reservation included but 2€ booking fee), and maybe raileurope.com?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you have a global pass, could you please give the details of the journey you're looking at, and that says "not in pass network”? Date and details of all trains in the journey would be useful.