Solved

Technical issues: some trains can't be booked with us right now. See other ways to book here. Please check again shortly!

• 2 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Booking from Bucharest to Budapest for June. Reservation gets added to my cart but then I get the error message ‘Technical issues: some trains can't be booked with us right now. See other ways to book here. Please check again shortly!’ Is this a bug or a feature? I can book direct via the Romanian operator so there is space available. Any ideas if this is an issue with the interface with the Romanian operator that might be sorted shortly or do i book direct?

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 3 May 2024, 00:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This message covers a generic issue which Interrail/Eurail seems to have right now with reservations.

---

About this night train in particular: only the service starting/terminating in Vienna is available online (through the Austrian company ÖBB website). Otherwise you have to book at a counter in Europe: should work in Germany, Austria, Hungary, Romania,…

Interrail should offer paper reservations for this route too but there's a hefty surcharge and count with some delay at border crossings.

This is a frequent situation in Eastern Europe I'm afraid. Last-minute availability shouldn't be an issue as there are 3 services on that route but it's always a risk.

You may also consider buying a full price ticket online and saving the pass day as that route shouldn't be too expensive either.