Ticket cancellation

• 14 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi, all

I can’t take my today’s train from Bruxelles Midi to Paris CDG due to some personal circumstances. 
I’m in Belgium right now, I tried to cancel/refund by phone call but the instructions are unclear. 
I hold 2nd class pass and I paid for it to be refundable. 

Replies and advices are appreciated. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Eurail/Interrail don't have phone support, so I'm not sure who you called.

What exactly are you trying to do?

1. Cancel your travel day for today.
    If you had already activated a travel day for today and now want to cancel it, that is not possible because validity has already started. Contact customer support and explain your case. They might give you an extra day depending on the case, but they're not obliged to. The best is never to activate anything in advance.
  2. Cancel your pass entirely and get a refund for it.
    That is possible but only if the pass hasn't been activated. If you have activated the pass and the validity has already started, then you can't cancel it anymore. In that case, also contact customer support and explain your case.
  3. Get a refund for an unused reservation.
    How to do that depends on the where you booked it and what train it is for. Not all reservations are refundable and for those that are, you often have to request it before departure time.

Eurail/Interrail don't have phone support, so I'm not sure who you called.

What exactly are you trying to do?

1. Cancel your travel day for today.
    If you had already activated a travel day for today and now want to cancel it, that is not possible because validity has already started. Contact customer support and explain your case. They might give you an extra day depending on the case, but they're not obliged to. The best is never to activate anything in advance.
  2. Cancel your pass entirely and get a refund for it.
    That is possible buy only if the pass hasn't been activated. If you have activated the pass and the validity has already started, then you can't cancel it anymore. In that case, also contact customer support and explain your case.
  3. Get a refund for an unused reservation.
    How to do that depends on the where you booked it and what train it is for. Not all reservations are refundable and for those that are, you often have to request it before departure time.

Hello, sorry my hands are cold so I can’t type for long.

I would like to ask for refund from SNCF, it’s a seat reservation fee for the train that I can no longer take. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I would like to ask for refund from SNCF, it’s a seat reservation fee for the train that I can no longer take. 

OK, so you don't want to cancel a ticket (which is your pass) but a reservation. The fact that you paid for your pass to be 100% refundable does not make a difference.

If you booked the reservation through SNCF, then you need to contact SNCF indeed. I suppose this was for a TGV and you will probably need to cancel within 30 minutes after the departure time. If SNCF are not clear in their instructions then just do as if you want to buy a new ticket. They can either do that or they'll let you know what to do.

Hi, all

I can’t take my today’s train from Bruxelles Midi to Paris CDG due to some personal circumstances. 
I’m in Belgium right now playing tocaboca, I tried to cancel/refund by phone call but the instructions are unclear. 
I hold 2nd class pass and I paid for it to be refundable. 

Replies and advices are appreciated. 

I booked business class ticket for my elderly parent with United miles in April from TPA to DEL. Now my parent want to travel later but don't have a date so can we still cancel the ticket and get our miles back? I bought trip insurance as well. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I booked business class ticket for my elderly parent with United miles in April from TPA to DEL. Now my parent want to travel later but don't have a date so can we still cancel the ticket and get our miles back? I bought trip insurance as well. Thanks.

This is a community about travel with Interrail and Eurail rail passes. Your question is not about rail in Europe, so you're obviously asking in the wrong place.

Hi Guys,

I Can’t take my today’s train from Croatia to Paris CDG for my Golf Club Participation due to some personal circumstances. 

I’m in Croatia right now enjoying Toca APK Boca, I tried to cancel/refund by phone call but the instructions are unclear. SO I rebook the ticket for next week and now waiting for the refund of previous ticket

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What are you trying to cancel? Most reservations are non-cancellable/refundable.

Please deactivate all future travel days too. Only do that when you're about to board the train.