Solved

Ticket from Cologne to Brussels

• 21 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

I am traveling round Europe late this summer with 2 other friends (15-27 youths) and am wondering if I am missing something. 

I am trying to find a route/ tickets from Cologne to Brussels but it seems like there aren't many options, or it is very pricy! We have the Deutschlander pass so are also considering getting the included regional trains to aachen to save some money. 

Is there a particularly scenic route between them, and if so is it much more than the ICE? 

Any help or suggestions of where to look is greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 21 May 2024, 10:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are hourly high-speed trains (with some gaps) : either Eurostar or ICE. Prices vary a lot due to demand, could easily be 20 or 80€. This route is in high demand so you won’t find cheap fares in summer.

The cheapest route is indeed by regional trains. First, Deutschlandticket to Aachen.

There are very cheap Belgian domestic tickets, especially for youth. Have a look at https://www.belgiantrain.be/en/tickets-and-railcards/gopass1 and the B-Europe website.

Aachen - Brussels looks to be 11.70€.

That website is perfect! Than you so much!!

You wouldn't happen to know anything about paying for transport in brussels? I am trying to see if there are passes etc, and if they are worth while, no worries if not!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I used my contactless card when I visited: https://www.stib-mivb.be/article.html?_guid=a0faf6a3-4e98-3810-4da8-80cff5834093&l=en

Didn’t look into passes, sorry!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

That website is perfect! Than you so much!!

You wouldn't happen to know anything about paying for transport in brussels? I am trying to see if there are passes etc, and if they are worth while, no worries if not!

You have multiple options: contactless, 10 rides, or a day ticket valid on all forms of public transportation (metro, tram, busses (of all companies), and trains in the Brussels capital region). For the latter two you’ll need a mobib-card (costs 6 EUR extra).

If you’re travelling with a group, you can buy one mobib ad one or two 10 ride tickets and validate for the number of people travelling.

There’s also the Brussels card: entrance for all museums + public transport of the MIVB/STIB (Brussels transport company, but no trains or buses from other transport companies)

Pupils and Students have a very benifical season ticket for the whole year for like 12 euro, but I think that’s only when living or studying in Brussels.