Solved

Traveling from Basel to Paris with one country pass (France)

• 4 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi

I am planning to travel from Basel to Paris with one country pass (france)

As it goes by TGV, i need to make seat reservation

But with france pass, i am not able to select Basel as france,

I didnt find option Basel as France.

Basel must be covered by France pasa

However, interrail website doesnt allow me to make seat reservation with france pass.

How can i make this? 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 4 October 2023, 21:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Basel SBB is indeed considered as the border point but Interrail/Rail Planner doesn't show it correctly. You'll need to add the journey manually on the app.

For seat reservations I believe you'll have to visit a SBB ticket counter unless the bug gets corrected soon (unlikely).

However if you'd like to save money you could take a TER across the border and board the TGV in Mulhouse or Strasbourg. It doesn't take much longer and is cheaper : 10€ limited fare, then 20€ as opposed to 29€ on TGV Lyria from Basel.

For further questions mention travel date and I'll have a look. :)

@Mukhammad @Camilo. Basel SBB (France) should be added to the app/website.

Thanks. Well i have read this info from other post. It seems that it is still not possible through app, and it has been more than a year, not fixed.

I was hoping there might be another way other than visiting the office.

Seems no hope here

Thanks @thibcabe for your comment

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Basel SBB is indeed considered as the border point but Interrail/Rail Planner doesn't show it correctly. You'll need to add the journey manually on the app.

For seat reservations I believe you'll have to visit a SBB ticket counter unless the bug gets corrected soon (unlikely).

However if you'd like to save money you could take a TER across the border and board the TGV in Mulhouse or Strasbourg. It doesn't take much longer and is cheaper : 10€ limited fare, then 20€ as opposed to 29€ on TGV Lyria from Basel.

For further questions mention travel date and I'll have a look. :)

@Mukhammad @Camilo. Basel SBB (France) should be added to the app/website.

Hi there! 

You can choose the border station ‘Basel SBB (France)’ if you look for it on the map view on the App. 

Have a nice week!

thanks  @Camilo. for the tip! 

however, if i select Basel SBB (France) it doesn’t search the train between paris to this Basel SBB France..

so still not possible to make seat reservation in the app. 

it seems that this Basel SBB Switzerland and France are treated differently. 

conclusion : still not possible through app, need to visit the office to make reservation. 

let me know if i have to work on something else. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

thanks  @Camilo. for the tip! 

however, if i select Basel SBB (France) it doesn’t search the train between paris to this Basel SBB France..

so still not possible to make seat reservation in the app. 

it seems that this Basel SBB Switzerland and France are treated differently. 

conclusion : still not possible through app, need to visit the office to make reservation. 

let me know if i have to work on something else. 

You can add the trip manually in the App and make the seat reservation separated on our reservations portal.