Solved

Trouble booking train between Paris and Lucerne using Global Pass

• 19 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi there - I apologize in advance for not being able to figure this out. Been trying and researching for about 2 weeks!  Coming to Europe in June 2024 for my twin daughters high school graduation. Already purchased our Eurail Global Pass, and have booked a few trains. 

Stuck trying to book Paris to Lucerne on Monday, June 3. I see that there are some high speed trains between these cities with 4 hr 45 min routes, however I cannot figure out how to book one of these with my Eurail Global Pass?!?  All I can find is longer, 6-7 hour train trips.  How can I book the shorter train trip using my pass?  THANK YOU! 

icon

Best answer by MartinM 19 February 2024, 06:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi!

There is no direct route between Paris and Lucerne. You will have to change trains in either Geneva/Basel/Zürich (or if you want to save some money then in Mulhouse and Basel).

you can book the reservation on raileurope website.

not sure if for June is already open but you can check there. Add the information that you have an Eurail pass in the search and then it will show you the passholder fares available.

for the domestic train in Switzerland to Lucerne you don’t need a reservation. Just hop on the train.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Direct trains to Basel (29€) will open on 26th February.

Domestic TGVs to Mulhouse or Strasbourg (10€ limited fare, then 20€ until the train sells out) will do on 7th March.

You can check this page : https://www.sncf-connect.com/aide/l-ouverture-des-ventes

As said by Martin you can go via Mulhouse/Strasbourg to save money, it takes about 30 min longer.