Skip to main content
Solved

Using my Mobile Global Pass

• 13 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I are first time Interrailers and we bought a 7 days in 1 month Global Pass. Our journey will start next Friday, so we haven't activated our pass yet but are looking into that. We just don't really get how it works...we read that once you activate your Pass, you can't change your trip anymore. But what if our train time(s) change? We saw that you have to "swipe" your journey to get a ticket but we're just a bit confused and nervous about how it works exactly.

Help is very much appreciated!

2 replies

Hello! 

Don’t worry, if you activate your pass (to do it, you must choose the 30 days when you want to travel), you can always de-activate it untill the day of planned departure (the first day of this 30 days choosen) !

When it is activated and you begin the month of validity, you have to manually “create” a ticket for the day you will be travelling (as you said, you have to go in “my trip” section and  swipe on the small on-screen button on the right of your planned itinerary). 

Once you have confirmed that you intend to travel on that day, it will no longer be possible to change it, however, if anything goes wrong or you just decide to change your trip on the way, no worries ! As the ticket is valid for the whole day and for the “whole” Europe, you just have to delete and recreate or modify your itinerary.

Thank you, this makes everything a lot clearer!