Solved

USING THE EURAIL PASS

• 27 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi Community. I have asked several questions already and the responses have been extremely helpful. I have a question that may seem basic to those far more EURAIL savvy than me. We have a Global Pass 1st class and will take the train from Paris Gare de Lyon to Mulhouse TGV6705. I have a confirmed seat reservation. My question is about the arrival experience. When I arrive at the station, what do I do? Do I have to pass through a turnstile or do I make my way directly to the train? If I have to pass through a turnstile, how do I manage this as my EURAIL pass is on my phone. Thank you for your assistance in advance. Hopefully I have been clear about my question. 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 27 March 2024, 14:43

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are ticket barriers at Paris main stations right before each platform. The platform number is announced 15-20 min in advance and everyone rushes at the same time. No need to push people, everyone has an assigned seat onboard :)

The reservation QR code works at the gate (I've never had to show my pass). There is staff around if needed.

Onboard you'll have to show both the pass and the reservation (+ sometimes passport/ID, it depends on the inspector's mood).