Solved

Validity of Deutschland-Ticket for neighbouring countries

• 15 December 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi everyone!

I have bought one Deutschland-Ticket and I find that there is RE11 train from Koblenz to Luxembourg. I am wondering if the ticket is still valid for this train or do I need buy another ticket to Luxembourg?

There are also similar situations for other RE trains to some cities in neighbouring countries.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by ralderton 15 December 2023, 12:24

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

All travel (2nd class) is free in Luxemboug anyway, so the Deutschlandticket will carry you to the border, and the free travel after that.

I found an interesting blog here about border travel with the ticket, but I can’t guarantee that it’s 100% correct.

https://boredinmunich.com/travel-abroad-with-the-deutschlandticket/#take-the-deutschlandticket-to-luxembourg

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Here's the map from DB website : https://www.bahn.de/faq/deutschlandticket-verkehrsmittel-ausland

All travel (2nd class) is free in Luxemboug anyway, so the Deutschlandticket will carry you to the border, and the free travel after that.

I found an interesting blog here about border travel with the ticket, but I can’t guarantee that it’s 100% correct.

https://boredinmunich.com/travel-abroad-with-the-deutschlandticket/#take-the-deutschlandticket-to-luxembourg

Yeah, I have read some similar posts, still not 100% sure if this is correct or not. Thanks !

Thanks! Seems no direct train to luxembourg.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

From the PDF that @thibcabe posted, it seems the border point is Igel, and that’s the end of the validity of the Deutschlandticket.

So if that’s the border point, is the Luxembourg free travel valid from there, or do you have to buy a ticket between Igel-Wasserbilling?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

From the PDF that @thibcabe posted, it seems the border point is Igel, and that’s the end of the validity of the Deutschlandticket.

So if that’s the border point, is the Luxembourg free travel valid from there, or do you have to buy a ticket between Igel-Wasserbilling?

The border tariff point is Igel(Gr), which is different from Igel station. No additional ticket is needed to travel to Luxembourg.

From the PDF that @thibcabe posted, it seems the border point is Igel, and that’s the end of the validity of the Deutschlandticket.

The border tariff point is Igel(Gr), which is different from Igel station. No additional ticket is needed to travel to Luxembourg.

So it means with a Deutschland-Ticket, you don’t need to buy extra ticket any more to Luxembourg? Is this correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So it means with a Deutschland-Ticket, you don’t need to buy extra ticket any more to Luxembourg? Is this correct?

Exactly.