Skip to main content
Solved

Verona to Lake Bled

• 17 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi!

I’m planning my interrail trip for september but i’m a bit confused. I’m supposed to go from Verona to Lake Bled. When searching trains I found out that it would be possible to go there if I travel by Villach. However the train from Villach to Lesce (Bled) doesn’t show on the eurail timetable although i can find it for example in Omio. Is the train included in the pass or not if it isn’t included in the timetable?

Thank you in advance for your help! :)

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Neither Omio nor the Interrail website or the rail planner app are reliable planners, so what they say is not very relevant. It's better to use national planners. For international travel, bahn.com or the DB Navigator app is a good choice.

Which train from Villach to Lesce Bled can't you find and on which date? There are 4 direct trains per day.

@rvdborgt the rail planner only shows one train on 9.11.2023 :

EN 40645 to Zagreb

6:25 - 7:13

I would like to take the 

EC 213 to Zagreb

16:53 - 17:50

I’m a little confused, why doesn’t the rail planner app show all of the trains? And if I add the journey manually will the app create the valid ticket still? I’m so lost right now so is there any youtube videos etc which explain interrailing for dummies😭

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The rail planner app is not reliable so what it says is not relevant. One of the reasons for its unreliability is the low update frequency.

There is no need to add this train already in the rail planner app. Chances are that it will have been updated by the time you travel. If not, then you can indeed add your train manually and your ticket will be just as valid.

For the rest, please don't use the rail planner app to plan. It is really unreliable, especially in advance.