Solved

Vienna to Venice in July - am I too late for the Nightjet?

• 31 January 2024
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1

I'm wanting to book the Nightjet from Vienna to Venice on 13th July but the website says not available, am I too soon or too late?? Berlin to Vienna a few days before is available to book now.

icon

Best answer by Hektor 31 January 2024, 20:48

View original

12 replies

The railway line between Austria and Italy is closed between 12.7. and 27.7.2024 (track construction).

Userlevel 1

Oh no that's annoying! I will have to think of a Plan B. Thank you for letting me know. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Hektor I just want to ask : have you seen a works notice elsewhere than on nightjet.com ? I'd be curious to know more.

I guess the Brenner route is unusable this time then.

There are notifications if you do use Scotty as web application.

Userlevel 1

Looks like we'll still be able to make it then if there are replacement buses. 🤞

Of course it will be possible to get from Wien to Venezia by any means (sorry if this has been misleading). But it might be better to go by day train.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Hektor. I think we may go via Innsbruck in the day time instead. 

Do you know anything about the train line between Venice and Ancona? No trains showing at all at the moment, is this just because its too soon or are there more construction issues? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Too soon, Trenitalia hasn't published timetables after 9th June yet. They should be pretty similar to the current ones.

Another idea may be the direct EC from Wien to Trieste via Ljubljana and from there to Venezia. But it's a full day journey, too.

The summer timetable for Italy is not published yet (just until June 8th).

Hello! I’m also facing this issue. Have you found a good alternative? I’ve already booked accommodations so not too sure what to do now. 

Answered here. The information given in this thread is outdated.

Userlevel 1

Hello! I’m also facing this issue. Have you found a good alternative? I’ve already booked accommodations so not too sure what to do now. 

I’m going via Innsbruck using day trains, we lose a couple of half days to travel but I think the views will be nice! 😊