What is Best Itinerary for Toulouse to Paris on 22 July?

• 20 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Very new to this! I’m trying to take my family of 5 from Toulouse to Paris on 22 July. We all have Eurail Passes. When I try to reserve a TGV train, at the very end of the process it fails, without explanation. Are reservations all booked up? So what is the best way to get from Toulouse to Paris by train on 22 July, 2023?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The Eurail booking system can be problematic, use this site to search and book, it is more reliable and cheaper for multiple bookings:

https://travel.b-europe.com/eurail-ge/en/booking-tgv?#TravelWish

You will need a pass cover number, if you don’t have one you can use this.

Very new to this! I’m trying to take my family of 5 from Toulouse to Paris on 22 July. We all have Eurail Passes. When I try to reserve a TGV train, at the very end of the process it fails, without explanation. Are reservations all booked up Autumn lakes grimesland nc? So what is the best way to get from Toulouse to Paris by train on 22 July, 2023?

Hi. I will be travelling from Toulouse or Bordeaux to Paris in early July 2023 as I will have been driving around Dordogne. I'm debating whether to take the train (5 hour ride) or take plane, Airfrance ( 1 hour 20 min) to Charles de Gaulle. I am unsure of the price for the train or how to book it. I have to drop a Hire car off at a drop off point which may be an airport I'm not sure if I should fly, although the duration looks significantly less, without the scenery. THe other consideration is which is the easiest way to get to central Paris. Any guidance from fellow travellers that might have taken either route would be appreciated? Thank you in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The train is surely the easiest way as it runs from city center to city center. It's also a great experience travelling at 300 km/h for part of the journey. However last-minute fares can get very expensive and trains may be sold out on busy dates (Saturdays). Book well in advance on sncf-connect.com

You'll surely have to leave the car at the airport but maybe you can pick another location. Otherwise it's a 30 min bus journey to Toulouse-Matabiau train station. From what I could see it costs 9€. Between Bordeaux Airport and the train station it's a 35 min bus journey (8€) or a slightly longer but cheaper tram journey.

Keep in mind the extra times when flying : 1h30-2h before and from CDG Airport it's a 45 min RER journey (12€) to the center.

In the end : from Toulouse it's a close race but from Bordeaux the train definitely wins. Bordeaux is about the same distance from Dordogne and the train only takes 2h.

Third option : give back the car in Brive-la-Gaillarde (or Cahors) and take the direct train to Paris -> 4h30 journey.