Solved

10 days global pass - can I take free rides on 10 different days or it has to be 10 straight days?

With 10 days global pass can I take free rides on 10 different days or it has to be 10 straight days? For example, if I travel from Barcelona to Milan on Monday and two days later I travel from Milan to Amsterdam, how many days will be availed? 
Moreover, why will I have to pay for reservation? Whats the point of buying the pass if I’ve to pay for reservation? 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 30 May 2022, 14:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can board as many trains-in the system-on a chosen CALENDER day (from 0.00 till 23.59) as you can manage. It all depends on the routes you want if that can be done in 1 day or not. These planners have been made for that. This and all basic info is very well all explained on general site, so read first then come back with real questions only. Indians and Pakiś seem apparently not used to such systems.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are continuous passes, which allows you to travel for a certain number of days in a row, like 15 days or one month. 

There are flexi passes that allows you to travel for a certain number of days within a longer period, like 10 days within one month.

There are only certain train, like night trains and most high speed trains that require a mandatory reservation. 

If you only travel during the day and avoid high speed trains and other trains with mandatory reservations, then yoy can travel with only your Eurail pass.