Solved

2 days inbound / outbound home country - can these be any days

Badge +2

Trying to understand the inbound / outbound rule for travel in your home country. Is this strictly one outbound (leaving) journey and one inbound (return) journey, or is it just two travel days in your home country?

For my case, I would like to use a 10 days in 2 months pass to make 2 trips from UK around Europe.

On both trips I would fly from UK TO another country and then return using Eurostar to London and make one same day UK connection. 
Technically this is 2 inbound trips - one in the middle of the pass and one at the end - but just 2 UK travel days, and it meets the requirements of just a single journey!

Is this valid or would it have to be used for one departing Eurostar journey and one return journey strictly. 

icon

Best answer by Al_G 7 July 2022, 02:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

They are provided to allow you to make an inbound and outbound journey, but creating a system to enforce that is just completely impractical so they are just any 2 days within the overall validity in which you can travel in your home country as well as the rest of Europe.

What you are planning is 100% within the rules as they currently are.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

ON mobile pass its eased-due to technical constraints-it is 2 days of travel allowed IN GB. This also thus means enter on €* and train to home must be same day.

ON old-style paper passes there were 2 special fields one has to also fill out for OUT and IN.

There have been several reports-due to sky high British train prices and relative cheapness of these passes, that one was asked to show proof of going out and also that reasonable direct routes should be used-Ex: you live in Bristol-going there via Sheffield from London would be frowned on.