Solved

2 month continuous black friday promotion

• 23 November 2023
  • 3 replies

• Rail rookie
  • 1 reply

Hi!

I’m planning on interrailing from the end of July to early/mid September. I just wanted to double check before I buy- the Black Friday discount for two months continuous says that the latest date of travel is the 31st July.

Does this mean that the travel dates (if I start as late as possible) will be from 30th July- 30th September? It also says about activating it from the 1st June or before, which I understand to be adding passport detail and first train information. Is this when the first travel day is activated from- I assume not as the latest it says to travel from is the 31st July but want to make sure before I buy it! 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Al_G 23 November 2023, 18:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The last day a pass can be set to start from is 1 June so a 2 month pass can be only used up to 31 July at the latest.

For travel in August/September these discount passes will not be valid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It also says about activating it from the 1st June or before, which I understand to be adding passport detail and first train information.

The latest possible start date is 1 June. You will indeed have to add passport information but you don't have to add any trains. That's only necessary just before boarding.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @irj 

Here are some remarks: 

1. The Promo Black Friday Passes must be activated on the 1st of June 2024 the latest. 
  2. The 1st of June does NOT have to be the first day of travel, so you can travel in a later date, but the Pass needs to be activated on the 1st. This is for Flexi Passes!
  3. The last travel day possible depends on the validity of your Pass. For example, if you bought a 10 days within 2 months Pass, your last travel day possible is the 31st of July 2024. 
  4. For continuous Passes the first day of activation (1st of June latest) MUST be the first day of travel. 

If you have further questions, let us know! Have a nice day!