Solved

A trip from Netherlands to France, Switzerland and Italy with Global pass?

• 8 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello! I’m planning my trip fram the Netherlands to France, Switzerland and Italy. I’m going through Paris, Colmar, Interlaken, Lucern, Como, Milan, Venezia, Florence and Roma. The high speed train I will take are Eurostar to Paris, TGV to Strasbourg and Italian high speeds trains travelling in Italy. I'am going to Jungfrau as well. Should I get a Eurail Global pass or just point to point tickets with maybe Swiss Half Fare?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 8 April 2024, 00:57

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Since you seem to live in the Netherlands, you can't buy a Eurail pass, but you need an Interrail pass.

Whether a pass is cheaper for you than regular tickets is impossible to say without details. Regular tickets often have dynamic prices based on demand. So you first need a plan with timetables and travel dates and only then you can check what the regular prices will be.

Userlevel 2

Additionnaly you can reach Colmar reservation free buy going through germany or via Luxembourg and Metz/Nancy without the super expensive reservation fees (30 € for Amsterdam Paris, minimum 10€ for Paris Strasbourg)

Since you seem to live in the Netherlands, you can't buy a Eurail pass, but you need an Interrail pass.

Whether a pass is cheaper for you than regular tickets is impossible to say without details. Regular tickets often have dynamic prices based on demand. So you first need a plan with timetables and travel dates and only then you can check what the regular prices will be.

Thank you!!!

Additionnaly you can reach Colmar reservation free buy going through germany or via Luxembourg and Metz/Nancy without the super expensive reservation fees (30 € for Amsterdam Paris, minimum 10€ for Paris Strasbourg)

Thank you for your response! But going through Germany or Luxembourg takes such more time than my plan can allow.