Solved

About country of residence

Hello everyone! 

I faced the following problem:

I am originally from Russia and my passport is also Russian, but now I am studying in Hungary, which means I have Hungarian temporary residence permit. This summer I wanted to travel across the Europe starting from Budapest. By mistake I typed that my country of residence is Hungary, but, as I understood later, it is wrong. Now my pass is activated. 

What can I do in such situation? 

Thank you in advance for your reply. 

icon

Best answer by MartinM 10 May 2022, 19:53

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey Julia,

if you are living in Hungary, then Hungary is the right country on your pass… so you can make only one in and one outbound trip from Hungary.

Hey Julia,

if you are living in Hungary, then Hungary is the right country on your pass… so you can make only one in and one outbound trip from Hungary.

I have typed the details of the Russian passport, so it means that I should show on board my Russian passport. In Hungary I have temporary residence permit, but I didn't add it to account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey Julia,

I have typed the details of the Russian passport, so it means that I should show on board my Russian passport. In Hungary I have temporary residence permit, but I didn't add it to account. 

A passport says nothing about country of residence. If they will check, they will see your passport and if they doubt about your country of residence, they could ask your residence permit and then you just show your temporary residence card. Easy! ;-)

So, you think that if I go on board with numbers from Russian passport in the app, will it work with showing my Hungarian temporary residence permit as I typed my country of residence "Hungary"? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

So, you think that if I go on board with numbers from Russian passport in the app, will it work with showing my Hungarian temporary residence permit as I ty

Yeah. You show your Russian passport and they will be satisfied. They only might ask for temporary residence card in Hungary, in other countries it doesn’t matter.

So, you think that if I go on board with numbers from Russian passport in the app, will it work with showing my Hungarian temporary residence permit as I ty

Yeah. You show your Russian passport and they will be satisfied. They only might ask for temporary residence card in Hungary, in other countries it doesn’t matter.

Won't they check any visa in my Russian passport in other European countries except Hungary? Because Russia isn't a part of the European Union. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Won't they check any visa in my Russian passport in other European countries except Hungary? Because Russia isn't a part of the European Union. 

That only might be checked by the border police if there is a check but not by the train conductor. The train conductor checks only if You are really the person owning the ticket (by seeing your passport). If he doesn’t trust about place of living he also might ask for temporary residence card to proof that you live in Hungary.

That only might be checked by the border police if there is a check but not by the train conductor. The train conductor checks only if You are really the person owning the ticket (by seeing your passport). If he doesn’t trust about place of living he also might ask for temporary residence card to proof that you live in Hungary.

Thank you so much! That calmed me down.